- About EuCornea
- Amsterdam 2020
- OSD Portal
- EuCornea Journal
- Our Byelaws
- Abstracts Online
Abstract Submission Deadline – 15 March 2020 (23.59GMT)
Abstracts may be submitted for the following Presentation Types:
• Case presentations
Instruction to Authors
• On completion of your abstract submission you will be sent an automated confirmation email. Please check your junk folder if you do not immediately receive this email.
• Abstracts submitted in hard copy format will not be considered.
• All abstracts must be submitted in the presenting author’s name.
• Do not submit more than one abstract with the same title.
• The organisers will not accept any responsibility for abstracts that have been submitted incorrectly.
• All abstracts will be reviewed, graded and accepted or rejected by the Programme Committee.
• The Committee reserves the right to determine whether a case presentation submission is accepted as an oral presentation or a poster. The decision of the Committee is final.
• The Presenter must be a registered delegate at the 11th EuCornea Congress and pay all applicable fees.
• If a Poster/Case Presentation is accepted for display/presentation, the Presenter must undertake to display/present it.
• If you choose to submit an abstract, we will use your personal details to keep you updated on its acceptance/rejection status. If your abstract is accepted for presentation, your contact details (name and email address) will be sent to a third party Audio Visual Company (M Events) in order for them to contact you in relation to uploading your presentation.
• Indicate whether the presenting author / co-authors have financial interest in the subject matter or receives money from any mentioned company. Financial interest must be declared in the first slide.
Abstract Language and Length
All submitted abstracts must be in English and follow the structured format below:
• Purpose (250 words max)
• Setting/Venue (250 words max)
• Methods (250 words max)
• Results (250 words max)
• Conclusions (250 words max)
Abstract Structure and Content
• References and credits cannot be included as part of an abstract.
• Formulae should, in general, be avoided.
• All abstracts MUST be submitted in the presenting author’s name.
• Financial Disclosure: Please indicate Yes/No with details where applicable
• The summary of results presented must be given in sufficient detail to support the conclusions. The Programme Committee will only accept abstracts with final results or conclusions.
• Abbreviations/acronyms when used for the first time, should be spelt out in full, with the abbreviation in parentheses after the full word/s.
Only ONE CASE REPORT per presentation is permitted.
Each accepted case will be allocated 5 minutes. Please note that some abstracts submitted as a case report may be accepted as an electronic poster.
• All abstracts selected will be posted online at www.eucornea.org, appearing as submitted.
• Author’s may submit a maximum of 1 Case Presentation and 2 Poster abstracts.
• Failure to present without prior notice to the Programme Committee may influence future acceptance of presentations.
• High scoring Posters may be considered for possible presentation in the ‘Poster Village’. This format will be in the style of an electronic poster, but will include an oral presentation. Authors must be present to defend and discuss their paper
• Authors must present their posters as a maximum of 6 Powerpoint slides. On acceptance of a poster the author will be fully informed of the process for the submission and display of their presentation.
*For any assistance for the submission of your abstract please contact email@example.com